Saturday, May 30, 2009

Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime?

I went boating for the first time this summer on Memorial Day!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I go with my "summer family" (I call them this because they're the ones that I go camping, hiking, backpacking, boating, etc etc with) My summer family consists of Ari, Joyce, Kevin, Anthony, Tig, Woolsey, Megs, and whoever else is at their houes at the moment. I love them. Anyway, I forgot was it was like to be out behind the wake getting sprayed and trying to get up on the knee board, skiis, or wakeboard! I love it! I also forgot how easily you get tired and sore, especially if it's you're first time out for the summer. We just went knee boarding (I'm going to do a freaking 360 this summer if it's the last thing it do) and tubing! Tubing is so fun because you do it in choppy water. Oh my gosh I love it. We got thrashed on the tubes. One of the time I crashed my whole body skipped across the water at least 3 times before I started sinking. I was bouncing on my butt for 2 of the 3 skips and then my head hit for the 3 one, and then I sunk. haha so awesome. Ari and Anthony had a pretty awesome tube war. We had 2 tubes out at once and you fight until you can get someone off their tube. Ari had Anthony off, at least we thought she did until he came out of the water like the lockness monster holding onto the tube with one hand. I seriously don't know how he did it, but it rocked. (oh yeah, Ari and Anthony are boyfriend/girlfriend. not that that has anything to do with the story). I will probably eventually get skin cancer from the sun, but right now it's worth it. I LOVE BOATING and I LOVE summer!
These are some pictures from last summer at Bear Lake. The water is beautiful. That was a really fun trip too.
Holly, Me, Ari (I think)
Anisa, Ari, Me, Holly, and Holly's sister

too many people to name, but all are awesome. :)
What do you do in the summertime?


No comments: