May 8th is basically a really good day because I share my birthday with my great Aunt LaVonna! May 8th, 1990 at approximately 2:53 in the morning I was born. I'm not exactly sure what time I was born because my dad had a fight with the nurse about whether it was 2:52 or 2:53. Apparently the nurse had the final say because 2:53 is what ended up on my birth certificate. I was my parents first child, they loved me until they found out how strong headed I was....Lots of stories, but that will have to be for another day. Strangely enough they still love me...I think? I finally turned 19, even though it feels like I should be turning 20 (I know I know, these are the best years of my life, don't waste them, but still...) and LaVonna turned 78! Way to stick in there!

I'm not sure what she's laughing about, but she sure is cute. Aunt Lavonna that is.

I have to put this picture in because my grandma Jones was taking pictures and it's her worst pet peeve when I make faces, or grandchildren in general make faces at the camera that are anything but smiling. So of course I made some faces. :)

My mom said she was getting my ready for the real world because I made my own cake, and a lot of my dinner. She says that when I'm a mom no one will make my cake for me :( what's with that anyway?

Anyway, I made a funfetti cake (the best, just in case you didn't know) with strawberry frosting with REAL cream cheese beat into, topped with sprinkles and curvey swervy candles. I also made cupcakes for when my friends came over later that night. The batter was funfetti, but this time was frosted with rainbow chip frosting. (the 2nd best kind of frosting.) Nothing fancy, but it was a cake with candles. (Sorry LaVonna I couldn't fit 78 candles on it. ;) )


Make a wish!

For dinner we had BBQ pork with my aunt's homemade BBQ sauce (which is the only kind of BBQ sauce I like because it's incredible.) and mom's potato salad, grandma Finlayson's jell-o salad, chips, veggies, lemonade. yum. It felt like summer! Later that night I had a fire pit in my front yard, and a bunch of my friends came over and we did s'mores and roasted starbursts. (if you haven't tried this I highly recommend it.) We talked and laughed late into the night, and then I went for a quick little skeleton ride. haha Thanks to everyone who came!
All in all it was a great day! It was the first birthday I haven't cried on for like 3 years, it was beautiful outside, it was my birthday, I had no school, and nothing else to do, yup, good day. :)
2 comments:
Ahhh! I missed your birthday? I guess I haven't been on facebook a lot lately. I hope you had a good day.
Happy Birthday my dear!! I'm sorry I didn't call or anything like that. I was a little busy with just having a baby and all!!
Rainbow chip frosting is my FAVORITE by far and your mom is right. My birthday was a month after I got married and Tyler didn't bake me a cake and neither did my mom. I was really bummed out that year but I've trained Tyler so now he bakes me one every year. You'll just have to pre-warn your husband that that is HIS duty on your birthday!!
I'm glad you had a great day and there were only happy smiles that came with the day.
Post a Comment