Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fuddettes

I have to tell this story because it is so funny. Maybe it's one of those things where you have to be there, but I'm going to tell it anyway. So last night I went on a double blind date. My friend Jenny set me up with her brother Tom. Jenny's date is from Bountiful so we were going to meet him in Sandy for dinner and such. Tom and Jenny picked me up at 6 and we didn't have to be to Sandy until 7:30. Jenny was riding in the back seat and said hey Tom we should get a flat tire and then we'll be on time. Luckily we didn't get a flat tire. We made it to Sandy 45 minutes early. That gave us time to sit in the car, and talk and sing loudly to some jammin' tunes from the pod.
Jenny's date Bryce finally showed up (he got off work late or something) and we went into Fuddruckers for dinner. (ok, who names a resturant that?) None of us had eaten there before, and it was good. As we were leaving Jenny comes out from the bathroom laughing because on the door it said "Fuddettes." A little ridiculous once again, but very funny. After dinner we had about an hour until our dollar movie, because we decided not to go classic skating. I thought, I know where a really cool waterfall is, (thanks to Stef:)) and you can see all of Salt Lake Valley from there. We went on a little adventure to the waterfall before our movie. We saw a really stupid movie, stupid enough that it was actually really funny. (I suggest you only watch this movie if you're really bored.) After our movie it was only 11, so we decided we would find a Wal-Mart, because apparently there's nothing better to do in Salt Lake after 11. We drove on state st from 9500 S all the way to 3800 and there wasn't a Wal-Mart! It was an outrage. We finally found one on 900E and 5300S (If you're ever in Salt Lake and need a Wal-Mart now you know.) We left Wal-Mart at 12:30 and decided it was time to head home. We dropped Jenny's date off and headed back to Springville. We were almost to University Pky exit when we heard this awful noise. It sounded like a helicopter that was right over us! I looked in the sky and couldn't see anything. Tom was like it's a flat tire. Jenny and I together were like no way! And then we couldn't stop laughing! Jenny had cursed us! It was 1:30 in the morning on the freeway and we had a flat! It was probably the funniest thing that's happened to any of us in a while. This nice guy pulled over and made sure we were putting the spare on right, and then we got off the Orem exit and drove slowly the rest of the way home. It was so funny. We'd be driving in silence and all of a sudden on of us would bust up laughing. Jenny text me this morning and said, "Kjersti. I woke up laughing." I'm still literally laughing out loud about it.
I'm sorry I just wasted 5 minutes of your life by telling you all these stupid and pointless details, to get to an even more pointless story that's probably not even funny to you. (if you even made it this far in the story). But, I'm bored and had nothing else better to do than waste 20 minutes typing this out. Well, have a fabulous Sabbath everyone. I have to work a 15 hour shift. blah.

1 comment:

loveland9 said...

Nice! Don't you love when you lol over and over again? I love it.