Once upon a time it was a beautiful November day. It was my friend Annie's 20th birthday. Opus, a choir at school, was asked to sing at a funeral out in Enoch. Before meeting to go to the funeral, a bunch of girls had gone out to lunch at the Pastry Pub (yum, yum) to celebrate Annie's becoming a woman. Then Annie, Geneil, and I packed up into Annie's car to drive to Enoch for this funeral.
There was some nice pointless construction going on on main street, and surprise, surprise people were following too close. We had just been joking with Annie saying it'd be funny if she got pulled over on her birthday. That would have been the nice alternative after we got slammed into from the back end. It was so nice of the white dodge truck to hit us so conveniently as we were already running late. Lucky for us I know the number for 911, and quickly filed a police report. (Quickly in police terms was an hour later). We most definitely missed the funeral.
Everyone was seatbelted, and ok. Except for the poor birthday cupcakes that flew rapidly towards the floor. The trunk doesn't open now, and there is no right tail light, but who needs a right blinker anyway? Well, Happy Birthday Annie! I hope getting your car rammed into will make it a memorable one! :)
4 comments:
is it bad that I am laughing quite a bit right now?!? haha!!!! Poor Annie! That's what she gets for not letting us sing to her in Concert Choir yesterday! bah ha!
p.s. poor cupcakes!!!!!!!!!!!
1. i'm so behind on reading your blog
2. i miss you terribly
3. WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME FOR THANKSGIVING
4. TEXT MEEEEEEEEEEE
I'm so glad you guys were seat belted. That is awful.
Kjersti-I've loved catching up on your life! I love that you blog about everyday things. I miss you! I hope you make it to Italy next year too!
Post a Comment