Monday, November 2, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Today I prayed. I try to pray everyday, but today I prayed specifically to be happy. I'm sick of being unhappy, because I'm just a happy person. After I prayed I opened my scriptures to Mosiah 2. There were a lot of things that were really good in that chapter, but verse 17 stuck out to me. It said: "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."
I prayed again and asked for help to find people to serve today. I am happy now, because I was able to serve others, and I was not thinking about me and myself. The things I did weren't even big, but little things like listening to someone cry, or asking them how their day was. I gained a greater love for the people I did these little service things for.
I also just listened to the CES fireside that was broadcasted yesterday. It was amazing. Pres Uchtdorf said a lot of things that needed to be heard by me, and I'm sure by a lot of other people. I think everyone should listen to it. The church is true. I want to be a good person, and live by the commandments of God so I can return to him. I'm going to work harder to serve others, and be happy!

1 comment:

loveland9 said...

Love you. You're so cute. It really is true, that if we get lost in serving others we become happy or forget about ourselves. Both are good. Come see me. That would make me happy!