Sunday, November 1, 2009

Slow Me Down

This song sung by Emmy Rossum pretty much explains my life. I feel like I'm running in too many directions and I can't stop. If you don't want to hearing whining I'd suggest not reading this post. First off, why is motivation such a hard thing to find? I'm struggling hardcore with finding any ounce of motivation to do anything. I don't want to practice, do homework, go to work, clean, or get out of bed. I want to sit on my butt and stare at the wall. All day. Every day. I'm pathetic. Basically I have a badittude (bad attitude) about everything. I'm trying hard to be positive about stuff, but sometimes I guess you just have to have a craptastic week. I know I'm not alone though because I've talked to a lot of my friends who are experiencing the exact same thing. I think it's the weather. It's cold. It snowed. It's almost the end of the semester. Stress is building like crazy. I'm homesick, and on the verge of tears most of the time. And no, it's not PMS, and I sure hope I'm not pregnant. It's weird being homesick because I've never experienced it before. Last year was all good and dandy because I was out doing my own thing, without my parents, but after being home for the summer and seeing how much my siblings changed while I was gone I'm having a hard time being away from them. I don't like how everytime I see my brother he's taller, or his voice is lower. My sisters get prettier, and more mature. I don't like it one bit. *breathing*
Ok, I think I'm done. For right now at least. Life really is good. I have great friends, and am surrounded by good people that I love. Church was really good today, and a lot of things were said that I needed to hear. I'm really trying to become spiritually a better person so I can better handle crappy weeks. I need to do better at reading my scriptures and praying, and I know after I put my effort into things everything will go better. I love the church, it's true.
The end.

3 comments:

Karyn said...

Kjersti! Just like you wrote on my blog...I love seeing this serious side of you. Please know you are not alone in these feelings. If you ever need to splat on about random crap, crappy days, or anything really let me know. My favorite hobby is listening :) You are great!!

Tina said...

Hey, it sounds like you need some sunshine and a break. Come visit me... if it was just that easy huh? You are loved and I adore you! Please know that. You are amazing at what you do and the Lord will bless you when you act upon the spirit and what you've been taught. Keep going, go for a jog and get some energy and you are going to do awesome. Just think... "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat..." That should make you smile and work hard so you can enjoy your family and tell them all the great things you are doing in your life.
Love you!!!

Geneil said...

I remember this...this time. Gross. But you got out of it by the end! BAM. Take that, world.
I freakin love you, Kjersti Jones. Enough said.