Yes, I'm alive. Not that anyone really cares, or even reads my blog, due to the fact that it's never updated. Because in all my free time, that's what I do, blog. Ok, so obviously since I have no new posts, I don't have free time. Such is life. Who really does have free time? No one really, and if they do, it probably means they're not doing something they're supposed to be, or should be doing. But hey, I don't judge.
What have I been doing? Well I'm going to start with an obsession I sort of have. Her name is Jenny Oaks Baker. She came to SUU a few weeks ago to do a master class, and I got to play in it. I played for Jenny Oaks Baker. Oh. My. Gosh. Talk about intimidating. She's amazing!!!!!!! She's incredible!!!! ah!!!!! ok, anyway, the master class was good. She complimented my great intonation! That made me happy, because she told the girl that played before me that, and the girl that played before me has perfect pitch. I don't, and I still got complicated. yay! The next night my friends and I went down to hear her play at Dixie. I don't know of anyway that can play with such incredible passion, and love and she does. She has the greatest personality, and she is sooooooooo nice. Not to mention absolutely gorgeous. wow. Her new album just came out. You should check out her website at http://www.jennyoaksbaker.com. We're even friends on Facebook. :) Ok, so there you have it. My new obsession.
Spring break was two weeks ago. It. Was. So. Needed. More. Than. Anything. I went to Southern California with my good (good is an understatement) friend Geneil. She's from Moreno Valley so we stayed at her parents house, slept 10 hours a night, read in bed in the morning, and ate 3 meals a day. None of which we have been doing all semester. It was amazing. All week we ate good food, had good company, didn't even get sick of each other, went to the car wash, walked through the "Mechanical" Gardens ( :]), went to the beach, the San Diego Zoo, talked late into the night, layed in the sun, jacuzzied it up, watched the stars, and planes, ate more good food, hugged lots, kisses from Granny, entertained by a 13 year old, chinese with Grandpa Albert, saw Blindside, and found even more love and appreciation for how amazing the Perkins are. Thank you Geneil. I love you!
I made it through another week of school. I can do it. I will do it. I will finish the semester alive, and well. This week was probably the best week of the whole semester. Things are just better. Better than they have been for a LONG time. I am grateful for that.
My accomplishment for the week---I finally finished the Children of Promise series by Dean Hughes. It's a historical fiction series about WWII. I reccomend this series for everyone. It's amazing. I started it at the beginning of the school year, but despite lack of time for spare reading, it has taken me this long to finish. I got the 4th book finished over spring break, and most of the 5th one finished, so I got it read this week!!! woo hoo!
I was at work last night, and my co-worker asked me why I wasn't at the CNA meeting, and I told her because I was school, singing in a recital at the same time the meeting started. I asked her what they talked about, and she told me just the usual same old same old, but then she told me who CNA of the month was. It was ME! whoa! I was so surprised! I had just told this same girl like two weeks earlier that there was no way a graveyard aide could have get employee of the month, or anything like that because we're just there at night, and no one really cares about us. Finally my hard work has amounted to something. I seriously work my butt off at night, but I never thought anyone noticed. It's nice to be noticed once in a while. I don't know what exactly I get for being CNA of the month, but hey! It kept me smiling from 4 a.m. to 6 a.m. :)
I have amazing friends. Just throwin that out there. We had dinner together Thursday night, and I had to leave for work at 9, and they stayed and did all the dishes, and I came home to a clean room, and a made bed. I love them. :) ( Those little cleaning elves know who they are, but I won't say names...Shaye, Geneil, and Karyn.....)
Random tibits: I love Easter candy. It's the best. I have to plan my roommates bridal shower. I don't know what the crap I'm doing. Any ideas? Pastry Pub is a bad bad bad bad bad habit. I love it too much. I went there twice today. No wonder I got fat this semester. I don't know any of my German song. Oh, or my other Italian piece. This is my last semester of violin. I don't want to talk about it. I've already cried too much about it, but I just don't love it anymore. I will always play, but I can't keep doing violin, and voice. It's pscho. Only pscho's do that, and I'm trying really hard to be normal. Oh wait, I'm a music major. No one is really normal. I'm excited to go home for Easter next weekend. I haven't been home for a long time. Why is everyone getting married? My computer has a virus. I love sleepovers. It's fast Sunday. I leave for Nauvoo.......so. soon. 42. days. too. much. to. do. But you know what's weird? It always gets done. I don't know how, but it does. Carne Asada tacos tomorrow! whooo hooo. Ok. well that's my life in a nutshell. At this moment at least.
4 comments:
Wow! My life seems so boring compared to yours. You sure are one lucky gal to have so much going for you!! Congrats on Employee of the Month! That is wonderful.
You have to be a good friend to have good friends so that says something about what kind of a girl you are!!
You are amazing and good luck with everything you have to get done. I can't believe you leave in 42 days. That is coming up so fast!! Have so much fun with your family this weekend. Say hello to everyone for me. If you see my mom, give her a hug for me.
Love you!!!
Wow! you are busy! and just to let you know, I read your blog, so keep updating it :D
I miss you!
Hey, I read this thing! I love it. I always have a huge grin on my face when reading it.
Congrats at work. Good for you.
AS for Jenny, wow! You had a master lesson with her? That is awesome! I've played a few of her songs, but I can't imagine playing for her. You go girl.
Have a great week and a Happy Easter. Love you. :)
I love reading your little updates. Everything you write is so you. I can hear you saying all these funny things. Haha! I need to bring you some treats before Nauvoo steals you away!
Post a Comment