
I attended a day long audition in Salt Lake to serve as a performing missionary in Nauvoo for four months this summer. It's something I've always wanted to do, but I left the audition in a humbled condition, not caring whether I make it or not. At least that's what I'd like to think. A little background information. I auditioned last year. 400 kids send in DVD's of them singing, clogging, playing instruments etc. 40 made it to callbacks. I made it. 20 make it to Nauvoo. 10 girls. 10 boys. I didn't make it. I didn't understand why, but the Lord works in mysterious ways. I would not have my current job, or have made it through the semester financially if I had gone to Nauvoo last summer. I now see that, after the fact of course.
So anyway, this year I auditioned again. What the heck why not? Same process. I made it to callbacks. 40 of us. 10 girls and 10 boys will serve. As I was leaving the audition I thought how every single person who auditioned would be an incredible missionary. Everyone deserves to go, but they won't. The young performing missionaries were there from last year. They bore testimony of their love of Nauvoo, and what it meant to serve there. I was touched, as I was last year. The Nauvoo, IL mission president from a few years ago bore testimony of the special spirit that is in Nauvoo, and what a special place it is to the Lord. The spirit was there all day, even though we had a lot of fun, and quickly made new friends.
Nauvoo is a sacred place. I hope to be able to serve the Lord, and his children there, using my talents he has blessed me with.
I auditioned in front of a panel of judges today, but ultimately they are not the final judge. The Lord makes the final decision. He knows who is supposed to serve this summer. I am humbled by that. What is even more humbling is that I can be judged by whomever my whole life, but in the end it's only going to matter what the final judge says. My Father in Heaven. wow. That makes me never want to do anything bad/stupid again.
The church is true. Nothing really makes sense without it.
Happy New Year!
4 comments:
You are so awesome! Had me in tears, yes you did.
Hoping for the best, but like you said, you learned a HUGE lesson early in life.
LOVE YOU!!
Kjersti Jones! What a great post of yours :) I can really feel your sweet spirit when I read it. You are a great example to me and I am so grateful to you for it :) I hope you get to go, but if you don't, there is a reason for it! Love you!!
You are amazing and what a strong testimony you have. No wonder they chose you!!!
I can't wait to hear all about it!!
Kjersti Jones. I am so happy you are going to Nauvoo! Congrats on the call. I loved reading this post of yours. What a wonderful realization the God is in control and he knows us best. He knows how to take car of us. And He knows what we need. I can hardly wait to hear all about your Summer this year! I am sure it won't be "craptastic". haha! :)
Post a Comment