Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

I went cross country skiing for the first time last Friday! It was so much fun! My friend Sam took me up Cedar Mountain. Here are some pictures of our adventure. But before the whole skiing thing we stopped at the park on the way up so I could make a phone call and I saw this rock with a thingy on it with my great great grandparents names on it! Lehi Willard Jones and Henrietta Lunt Jones. :) I love Cedar City! This was Sam's first good fall of the day. I was laughing so hard! She thought she could take on this little hill, but apparently she couldn't.
It was so pretty up there because the sky was perfectly blue and ahhhh, I loved it. :)
This was my first epicly big fall. I'm not going to lie. It hurt. I'm pretty sure I gave myself whiplash because my head hit pretty hard, knocking my hat and goggles off. I couldn't move my neck at all the next day. No good. It's Wednesday and I'm just barely getting full movement back. It was hilarious though!
More beautiful trees and sky.
Another sweet fall.
....
Sam is racing very quickly, to nowhere.
Me looking like a studly skier person.
Oh baby, stop it Sam! You're so hottttt!!!!
I looked like the person on this sign. Pretty freaking professional.

Samantha is sporting the deer in the headlights look, while I'm am looking pretty phat in my goggles. (Well technically they're Sam's goggles, but whatever.) The road was clear where we were, but the sides of the road where they had plowed we crazy! The piles were as tall as me! ( Not that that's hard to do because I am short, but still...)
Sam conquering the world! Go Sam! You can do it!!!! One of my favorite things about Cedar City is the red rock, but the red rock with snow on it is awesome! This is a little view of Cedar Breaks.
I had some sweet hat hair when I got home. I will say no more.

3 comments:

loveland9 said...

You are lookin' FINE girl!!

Looks like you had a blast.

Karyn said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I love this last picture of you...bah ha!!!

Tina said...

How fun!!
Can I come next time?!?
I'll just tell Tyler I'm running to the store and I'll be back in two days...