Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mystic

I'm in my room basically doing nothing, and I saw some pictures of a camping trip I went on with some friends last May. I am now going to post about it, yes, 7 months later.
You've probably never heard of the little town of Monroe, UT, but if you have that's where the Monroe Mystic hot springs are located. I don't even know how to begin to describe this place. It's easily one of the most white trash places I've ever been. It's run by hippies. The first thing I saw when I pulled up were these painted buses that they're finishing so people can sleep in them like cabins.
The paintings are actually really cool. At the very top of the hot springs they have bathtubs that you can sit in. I did NOT sit in them. Partly because I didn't want to get a disease from some needle in the bottom of the tub, but also because it was WAY too hot. Obviously because you can see the steam coming off the rocks, even though it was a warm day. More disgusting bathtubs. I still laugh everytime I see them. It's crackin me up. At the bottom of the hill, right behind the hippie's house they built a man made pool where the water runs off. It's still pretty hot, and takes some getting used to, but this is where we spent most of our time. There are two pools and the one behind has a waterfall and everything. One of my favorite stories of the trip took place in this pool. It was midnight and we all decided to go back up to the pool, so there we were, frolicing in the hot water, and some drunk ballerinas show up from Salt Lake. They were nice enough, except for the fact that they were practically naked, and I'm pretty sure they were lesbians...or maybe it was just the alcohol. Not sure which one, but it got a little awkward. I love awkward situations. I learned how to ride this motorcycle on this little trip. I love riding motorcycles!!! It was soooo much fun. Especially on this little bike. We found a toad in the road. He was bleeding. He was almost dead. Then he died. For real. Poor guy. We put him to rest behind a rock. A camping trip with the Booth's wouldn't be a trip without their dogs. This is Lady.
...and Jack. They were only 2 of the 5 dogs that were with us. This camping trip was actually to celebrate my best friend's 20th birthday. Meet Ari. (below) This was her homemade pinata. (I don't know if that's how you spell pinata, but whatever.) It's a sun! We had a lot of fun blind folding people and hitting it. Anyway random post. The end.

2 comments:

loveland9 said...

Ha ha, everyone is sleeping or I'd be laughing my head off right now. You weren't brutally honest or anything! The buses, the tubs, really bathtubs? I think that's where I lost it. And then the whole ballerina thing. Sounds fun.

Tina said...

Okay, that toad was disgusting. Thanks for the *ahem* picture...

You sure don't live a boring life do you? What fun trips to remember.