Friday, May 23, 2014

Welcome to Help!

The name of the school where I teach is Heslington, but Help is the name of the company? I actually don't know how that all works. Teo and his wife, Rachel own/run the school and they're both very nice. Teo is the stake president of the Teheuacan stake. There's 4 wards here in Teheuacan and then another ward and branch out in the pueblitos!

This is the school! There's two different parts to it-The ILP part (we teach the young young kids that are just starting to learn English) and then the Help part (and they teach the advanced kids and adults-they're on the top two levels)

Sunset looking out from the 3 level of the school
Sweet little Milka came running over to me the other day before class started and pointed excitedly to my pants! We both had green pants and a black shirt on! Twinners!

We played a board game in class the other day. We basically teach 8, 25 minute classes everyday. There are two main classes in the afternoon and into the evening. We divide the kids up for the rotations. They have way more energy than I do, that is for sure!

All the teachers were excited that it was Friday today, so we were trying to get the kids to point to the Friday sign...I don't know if they were quite as excited as we were.

These cute girls are in a little more advanced class and they're really fun because they can communicate really well. this program is really great and the kids learn quick!

I did a relay race with my kids today in class. I think that they had fun.

These boys are too cute, I can't even handle them. Oh my, when those kids look up and you and say "Teacher, can I drink water?" What are you supposed to say? No?! I don't think so, it's way too hard. They're just too darn cute and I love them all so much already!
I am sending out a weekly e-mail as well with more detailed stories and such. If you would like to be on the e-mail list just post your e-mail below in the comments and I'll add you on.

No comments: