Friday, May 23, 2014

Bienvenidos a Tehuacán



I love where I live!
And even more-I love with whom I live!!! Marylee, and her daughter Karla and then Karyme (the niece/cousin) lives down the street a few houses. I love them!

looking out onto the street from our front door.
 I love this little lady. We went to one of the little tiendas (stores) to get some avocados for lunch and this Senora was cutting up nopales (catcus). I asked her if I could take a picture of her and she seemed pretty excited about that.

We also bought these strange fruit thingys. they're really rough around the outside, but they have a pretty soft shell so once you tear it open it kind of tastes like a grape...kind of, the texture is really similar though, and then I has a weird seed in the middle. I like 'em.

I love that everything is so brightly colored everywhere you go!!! This is a street where we were waiting for a Kombi the other night. (They're kind of like little buses..like VW buses...stuffed with lots of people...and it kind of feels like Indiana Jones at Disneyland...only A LOT cheaper. :) ) 
I love my little friend Karyme. She took me to the playground behind our house the other day. She's so smart and ALWAYS has something to say. She's so kind and is the biggest help around the house!!! 
and of course, the family dog, Milo. (I'm just happy he's not a Chihuahua...not that I don't like Chihuahuas......I just met WAY too many of them in California...and now when I see them, I have strange twitches that go through my body...as if I'm about to drop-kick them or something like that...I don't know.) 

                                                  you know, just the usual, playin' futbol.
 You know what I've done since I've gotten here? Eaten tacos. and tacos. and more tacos. :) and I couldn't be happier. :) (and I thought I was going to lose 5 pounds here. ha. joke's on me.) These are my new friends and I love them! From left to right, Sandy, Jessica, Karen, me, and Karla.

I am sending out a weekly e-mail as well with more detailed stories and such. If you would like to be on the e-mail list just post your e-mail below in the comments and I'll add you on. 

2 comments:

Tina Day said...

Love, love, love the photos!!! Keep posting!!!

Ingrid Pelayo said...

That is soooo awesome Hermana!!
Take care :) and please add me to email list: pelayo_ingrid@hotmail.com
Muchos saludos from the Pelayos <3