What a week. I haven't been this tired since I was working 3 graveyard shifts in a row. I fell asleep backstage like eight times, and then somehow I was awake enough to give my lines, and remember the dances...The Lord really does bless me with energy when I need it. Nothing too exciting happened this week, but I'm pretty sure I have some nice chiggers on my legs...It's no good, but hey, I did get to hold a baby raccoon this week. :)
I did get to work at The Brigham Young Home this week, for the first time. It is always fun to go explore a prophets home. :) We did have a beautiful family from Missouri come in for our first tour. They were from Missouri, and they had never even heard of Joseph Smith until that morning. The dad saw Nauvoo on a map, googled it, and decided to stop by. The mom especially seemed receptive to the spirit. It was a special experience.
Vocal Point was here for the last two weeks. It's fun to interact with the BYU groups that come. They had a great devotional last Sunday, and we got to go to one of their shows this week. They are a great group of nice guys.
I met a family from Cedar City this week, and it made me so happy. I could just feel Cedar City coming off of this family. I can't wait to go back in the fall! :)
Pageant is here! It's going to be an incredible experience to be in something of that magnitude. The early dance rehearsals have definitely worn our bodies down though. It opens Tuesday night!
I'm sorry I don't have anything else exciting. (Wait, I do have something exciting...We have an Elder and Sister Hughes here that are in charge of the public affairs. I'm sitting in my room one morning this week, and one of the sisters was like, "oh yeah, I can't believe that's Dean Hughes!" I was like, "Wait, what?! That's Dean Hughes?! Like the author?!" I may or may not have had a little freak out. We're surrounded by incredible people here.) I can't believe I only have 6 more weeks here. :( I love my eternal sisters. I love my mission president, and his wife. I love the Camps, and the Bowers. I LOVE the temple. Today we went and watched the video that they showed at the Nauvoo Temple open house. It brought back memories of when I was here with my family in 2002 for the open house. The Nauvoo Temple is a special place.
I'm enjoying my scripture study more and more everyday. I just want to keep reading and learning. I want to do more research, and study harder. The gospel is the true and restored gospel of Jesus Christ. President Monson is the mouthpiece for God on the earth today. I know this is true.
Love,
Sister Jones
P.S. "Miracles Happen. Some of the darkest days, bring about the best things."
P.P.S. Happy 4th of July! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment