Thursday, March 5, 2009

My brother is pretty cool

I love my brother Nathan. He's 12 and he rocks at singing. For a 12 year old boy he has an incredible voice, and he makes up crazy awesome harmonies. He's soooo funny. He'll sit at the computer playing his stupid computer games, but in the process he'll just be singing away. He sings hymns, broadway, country, instrumental, anything. It's hilarious. He'll sing the song through the first time just the melody and then he'll sing it again, but this time just making up harmony that would sound so good with the melody. Oh, man I just wish I had a recording of it. The other day my mom texted me and said he was in the bathroom singing scales to the following: I'm on druuuuuu....g's. haha He better not be, but it's still makes me laugh. He's famous for making up new lyrics to songs. For example: Josh Groban's You Raise Me Up is now You Push Me Down, so I can fall down mountains, etc. My personal favorite is John Denver's Sunshine On My Shoulders:

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me sunburn, sunshine in my eyes can make me blind. Sunshine on the water fries the fishys, sunshine without ozone makes me die.

Who comes up with stuff like that anyway? One day I was sitting at my piano playing the Sunshine on My Shoulders song and I saw those words written in, and I started literally laughing out loud to myself, and our home teachers showed up and saw me through the window. They said I looked retarded, and it was embrassing, but I told them why I was laughing. They didn't think it was that funny, but whatever. (sorry that was kind of a lame story)

Anyway, he's just a little example. It's not much, but we try. Oh, and by the way, the only way I could get him to record this was if I made my mom tell him he couldn't have cake for dessert until he sang with me.

4 comments:

loveland9 said...

Hey, tell him that he does rock! And way low voice. Holy cow. And you little missy, are pretty good yourself. Do another one.

Joy and Ted said...

I am so glad I found your blog! You are such a cutie! I loved reading about your fun and crazy college days. Hope you continue having a blast and that I get to see you sometime. Love ya!

Abby said...

Hey Kjersti! I miss OSU too. I'm not playing in this concert because I have to work almost every Thursday night until the concert so I would miss most of the rehearsals. But no worries, I'm coming back, and we can eat cookies and laugh at the back of the section the whole time!

Tina said...

Holy cow, not only does Nathan have an amazing voice but so does his older sister. You guys sound awesome!! Cloey is now singing next to me as I type this, trying to be like you guys!!
I've always wished I could sing soprano but altos rock!!!!