Don't ask how many I eat everyday. I can't count that high.
I told a story in my e-mail last week about meeting this little man while walking to school the other day. He was sitting outside a little store on the way home the other night and I went back because I just had to get a picture. Isn't he so cute?! :) His face lights up every time he sees this crazy gringa. haha
Can I just tell you how much I love this little guy?! I kiss his little cheeks off every time I get the chance...which is pretty much daily. :) (One of the up-sides of not being a missionary anymore, now I get to hold all the babies I please. :) )
I think my favorite moment this week at school
was when I asked the students to write their names on the back of their
papers. I wrote Miss Kjersti on the back of mine and before I knew it,
this cute little guy had written Miss on the back of his paper... I love these kids so much!!
Every week we have to create lessons plans for the activities that we are going to do with the kids in the next week. This past week my theme was 'shop,' so everyday we built something. One day we made parachutes out of coffee filters and string with popsicle sticks at the bottom, but when you happen to bring a minion to class that day (and your teacher happens to think minions are hilarious) then you get to tie the minion to to your parachute and make all the other kids jealous. Best parachute of the day fo' sure.
Another day we made hot air balloons-or do they look more like giant ice cream cones?
 |
| p.s. It's pretty much impossible to get all the kids to look at the camera at once. It's a lost hope. |
 |
| I'm pretty impressed with the improvement of my drawing skills. You can actually tell what it is. |
|
|
Instead of Taco Friday this week I ate Mexican pizza, aka a giant tostada.
And of course the classic Facebook posted picture of weekly taco night.
Highlight of the Week!!!
I got to see a family from my mission here in Tehuacán!!! Hermano y Hermana Silva from my dear Banning!!
 |
| We are in the Centro with one of the Cathedrals behind us-beautiful, eh? |
It's kind of a long story, but on Saturday I went to Puebla with my family for a birthday party of a little nephew. The Silva's had arrived to Puebla that day to pick their son up from his mission this week. (They are so excited!) I had been talking with Hermana for a couple weeks now, and we were trying to figure out how we could meet up while we were both in Puebla. Long story short it was raining A LOT and we tried to meet them at the bus station before our bus left back for Tehuacán Saturday night...and we missed them by just a few minutes. I felt so bad because I'm sure they were so tired from their trip and they took a taxi in the pouring rain, etc etc. I really wanted to see them too, I was SUPER sad it didn't work out...BUT they're the best and on Sunday they took the two hour bus ride to Tehuacán. We had 5 glorious hours to spend just visiting and eating and showing them a little bit of the centro. We went back to my house and visited for even longer. (It was so great because there's no way, as much as you want to, to just sit and visit with members on the mission, because we're always running like crazy people from one appointment to the next.) I love the Silva's!

I can't believe their love and generosity of taking a whole day out of their trip to Mexico just to come see me and Tehuacán! I miss Banning so so SOOO much and it was so good to hear of all the great things that are happening in the branch there. I LOVE those people so much.
We finished the evening by singing a few hymns with my family and the Silva's before they headed back to the bus stop. Hermana Silva loves singing and she's so good! Hermana and Hermano were being such great missionaries too! Of course we talked a lot about missions and my family has lots of questions about missions and missionaries. It was so fun to be there and be able to answer their questions with other members, especially a family that is about to pick up their son from his mission! :)
 |
| We had to finish the night off with a selfie. :) |
I love Mexico! I laughed really hard when one of the first things that Hermano Silva told me when they got here to Tehuacán is that I was going to stay here. I laughed and said, "No, I have to go home in August." and he said "I know, but you'll be back. Not necessarily to Tehuacán, but you'll be back." I smiled and told him that I agree. I'll be back. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment