That was the beginning of a long week. It was exhausting physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
The most exciting thing of the week may or may not have been having Elder Anderson from the Quorum of the 12 here. He came to Nauvoo with his wife to record his testimony for the Special Witnesses of Christ video. He spoke to all the missionaries Thursday morning. He talked about the temple being a symbol of work here that will never end. What happens here in Nauvoo touches the world. The work will not end. He also said, In our extremities we came to know God. The Lord requries a broken heart, and a contrite spirit. Then we can receive his revelation. Chrsit gave us the perfect path for our life.
The YPM's and YSM's then had the special opportunity to sit in the living room of President Ludwigs house on Friday morning, at the feet of an apostle of the Lord. Who gets to sit in a living room with an apostle?! Not very many people, that's for sure. Elder Anderson is so kind, genuine, and down to earth. He is a real person with an amazing calling from the Lord. He told us to regenerate our spiritual selfs through scriptures and prayers. Some of my favorite things he told us is to not be afraid of the future! Embrace the life you live! He had such a positive attitude about living at this time on earth. He loves to embrace all the things it offer. He told us to relax about our future, enjoy it, and take risks! Appreciate people, and look beyond their face. Another great piece of advice he gave was "Don't get caught up with indecison. Move ahead, keep working. You can't plan everything." Anyway, wow. It was an incredible experience. I don't know what I'm going to do when I get home and don't get to meet a general authority every other week...Just kidding. :)
Pageant ended last night. Pageant was so amazing. I had the opportunity to meet so many talented people from all over. The family casts were so fun. I love meeting good strong families from all over the country. Pageant is something I would love to do with my future family. It is such a great opportunity to have your testimony strengthed here in Nauvoo.
There's not much else to say. I can't believe I'll be home in two weeks, and two days....No good.
I know the gospel is true. Have a good week!
Love, Sister Jones
2 comments:
Wow Kjersti!! How did Elder Anderson know that what he was going to say to you was exactly what I needed to hear? There are so many unknowns with my future right now and I'm focusing solely on the unknown and going crazy and I shouldn't be.
Thanks for sharing this so I could be strengthened. I need to make a decision and not hem and haw over it.
You are wonderful. I better get a letter in the mail before it's too late. Gotta run...
Hi Sister Jones! I just noticed that you have been posting about your mission! I'm going to keep reading but I'm loving your news and hearing about this awesome experience of yours!
Post a Comment