Sorry I didn't e-mail on Sunday. I decided to e-mail on my half P-day, but I don't think that is going to work out much because I only have like 10 minutes to write an e-mail before I have to be at call time.
We made it to opening day on Saturday! wow. We got 3 shows ready in 3 weeks. We definitely did not do it without the help of the Lord. There have been tender mercies left and right. Too many to share right now, but I'll share one of the big ones.
So my bow wasn't tightening because the humidity made the hairs too long. I had not mentioned that to a lot of people, but I had talked about renting a bow from the store in Keokuk. The owner really likes the performing missionaries so he is always really nice to them. So one night we were just finishing Sunset by the Mississippi rehearsal when one of the YPM's, Sister Reynder's, came and gave me a skinny box. I asked her what it was and all she said was a senior couple pulled up in a car and told her to give it to me. They said "From one Jones to another." .........It was a brand new bow. Never been rosined. I still can't believe it. There are two senior couples here with the last name of Jones, but both of them were at the rehearsal when I was, so it couldn't have been them. I don't know if it was a sister whose maiden name was Jones. I can't figure it out. The people here are all that generous. It is the most pure Zion community. I hope someday I can repay them.
Because I don't have much time I just want to share one other thing. I went to the temple this morning. I have never felt the spirit so strong at the temple. There is something so incredibly special about the Nauvoo temple. To be in the exact place that the first baptisms for the dead were ever performed....it was overwhelming. A member of the temple presidency came and talked to us before we got baptized. It was just a really special experience. One of the best things was to walk out of the temple and see the Mississippi. It's exactly what the saints would have seen when walking out.
I hope you had a good Memorial Day. I thought about you all day because I was jealous you got to see mom's side of the family. (Did you guys go to the graves?) I wanted to be there.
Well I gotta run. We have 3 shows left for the day.
Tues, Thurs, Sat I peform in 5 shows, and Mon, Fri I work in sites and peform in 3 shows, and Wed in my P-day until 2, and then 3 shows after that. They keep us busy doing the Lord's work.
Our mission President's wife taught us to Savor Life, and Don't Postpone Joy. So yeah, that's all.
Love,
Sister Jones
1 comment:
You are so beyond your age spiritually, it's awesome.
I LOVE that story about your bow. What a neat thing to happen.
Glad you're enjoying your dream.
Post a Comment