Something my mom always says is "Life's rough, and then you die." It's kind of morbid, but the majoriy of life is going to be, not easy. I love President Hinckley so much, and here's what he has to say about life being hard. "Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around and shouting that he has been robbed. The fact of the matter is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey...delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspered only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
I love how this quote puts life into perspective. This summer I had virtually no fun, but I did learn a lot (A LOT) about hard work, because it's what I did all summer. Then two days later I get myself into another 18 credit semester. I hope to bring what I learned about hard work from the summer into my schooling. For the most part none of this is fun, but it has to be done. I know I will later thank the Lord for everything I have because I have not had an easy life.
I realize that I have already been showered with an incredible amount of blessings. Before this summer I never really got along with my family. I was lucky enough to have this change this summer. When I wasn't working I wanted to be at home hanging out with my siblings (most of the time). This is a video of my brother Nathan and my sister Jenny. This was a highlight of my summer, just because we were actually having fun and getting along.
I know the Lord has blessed me, and will continue to bless me if I try my hardest. I am thankful for the ride, because my life is a highway. :)
5 comments:
You said it perfectly. Your awesome and I'm so glad your my cousin!!
Girl, you are so ahead of the game. Hope you have a great year. So proud of you. Come say hi on a break some time. Seriously!!!
18 credits? If anyone can do it and get everything else done in the meantime, it is you!!
That video was so fun! I caught myself laughing too. I love that game. I'm so glad that you got the chance to enjoy your family this summer. I loved having an older sister that would do things with me and make me laugh. They are going to look up to you so much more if you are willing to do this with them more often. Especially since you live farther away.
You are the example they look to. I know I did that with Amy! Be the best you can be, not only for you but for them as well.
I love that quote by President Hinkley. My parents have had it on their fridge for a long time and it seems like I haven't really realized the meaning much until reading your post. You're awesome, we are going to be having so much fun in orchestra! I am excited for this year!
Love this post.
Love that video.
Oh man.
Post a Comment